Tel: 01789 773 994
The Royal Life Saving Society UK, is a registered charity with a vision ‘To safeguard lives in, on and near water’.
They are the governing body and leading provider of training and education in lifesaving, lifeguarding, water safety and life support skills in the UK. Their mission is ‘To inform and educate everyone in watersafety and resuscitation and to increase progressively the number of people trained in water rescue.’
Their work includes:
- Beach and Pool Lifeguard training and qualifications.
- Save a Baby Classes - for parents or guardians of young children in what to do in an emergency when an infant chokes, stops breathing or drowns.
- Watersafety classes - that deliver key messages on safety in, on or near water especially in the National Curriculum.
- Community Lifesupport classes – teaching basic resuscitation, as 9 out of 10 people do not know what to do in an emergency.
- Junior Rookie Lifeguard and Youth Development Programmes.
- Lifesaving Sport in pool and beach environments for all abilities.
- Volunteering – delivering key skills in the community.
Last updated on 29/10/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.