Supports people with mastocytosis/mast cell conditions, and their carers. It has three main aims:
To offer support
- For sufferers of mastocytosis, and other mast cell-related conditions.
- The families of sufferers.
- For medical practitioners who may be unaware of current diagnostic and treatment options.
To encourage understanding
- Correct treatment options and the safe use of medications.
- The dangers of inappropriate medication.
- Causes of mastocytosis-related anaphylactic reactions.
To provide information to:
- Sufferers and carers.
- Medical professionals.
- Family and friends - particularly for the young, their teachers and school friends.
The group also aims to promote general awareness by targeting specific healthcare professionals and providing them with information on mastocytosis and related conditions.
Last updated on 29/10/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.