Tel: 01206 274075
The UK Council on Deafness is the national infrastructure organisation for voluntary sector organisations working with deaf people.
Vision - for all deaf people to have the opportunity to participate fully in society.
Mission - to create an environment in which voluntary sector organisations working with deaf people can flourish.
Aim - to support members in their work with deaf people and to encourage co-operation between members in promoting and representing the diverse interests of deaf people.
- To be a reference point for all organisations working with deaf people.
- To participate in campaigns to achieve equality and rights for deaf people.
- To promote awareness of deaf issues and the work of members.
- To provide a forum for discussion and exchange of information between members.
- To promote best practice among members.
- To provide administrative services for members.
- To provide support to enable members to share resources and work together.
- To promote access to funding opportunities for members.
- To promote the interests of members in the development of the voluntary sector.
Note: 'deaf' is used to refer to the full spectrum of deafness including deaf people, deafened people, hard of hearing people, deafblind people, those experiencing tinnitus and the sign language community.
Last updated on 25/10/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.