2nd Floor, Hallinans House
22 Newport Road
Tel: 02920 473954
Wales Council for the Blind is the umbrella organisation for visual impairment in Wales. It is a registered charity aiming to promote the welfare of blind and partially sighted people and the prevention of blindness. Its practical aim is to enable and empower visually impaired people. Features of the Council are as follows:
- It works indirectly, mainly by supporting and assisting those who work with people with a sight problem.
- It informs and trains anyone involved in public service to ensure that visually impaired people are appropriately accommodated.
- It ensures that visual impairment is on the agenda at an all-Wales level.
- It monitors services and encourages progress by pilot schemes and experimental ventures.
- The organisation's members are local authorities and major voluntary organisations. It is funded by the Welsh Assembly Government, local authorities, earnings and donations.
Last updated on 15/10/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.