"Anusol Plus" has set my butthole on fire

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've had this fissure for way too long. It either itches or outright stings on a regular basis. Unfortunately, the bumhole is not a convenient place to rub or scratch, not to mention that doing so only succeeds in turning moderate discomfort into more severe discomfort/pain. So I went and got myself some Anusol Plus because it has a lidocaine-type-pain-relieving substance in it. I rub that around the rim and settle down to await soothing relief - but then instead my anus erupts in invisible burning flames from hell. And sure, when the burning finally stops then I definitely do feel some relief, but the relief I feel is just from the fact that my nether-hole is no longer on fire. Other than that I'm pretty sure this cream is delivering none of its promised benefits. Anyone else have any experience or recommendations regarding these so-claiming butt-numbing agents?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you have an anal fissure by the sound of it. Do not sit back and hope it goes away like i did. I waited 3 months which made my fissure go into a chronic fissure, now 10 months later iam awaiting surgery and still in servere pain. Get straight to your go and ask for anoheal or rectogesic. Hope this helps
  • Posted

Hi, if your anal fissure has been caused by hard stools /constipation, then drinking 2-3 pints of extra water every day, will stop the formation of hard stools, which is the main cause of anal fissures, and it should then start to heal. I had them for a couple of years and tried medication, but to no avail. When I started the water thing, they were gone in a week or so. I hardly ever get them now.
  • Posted

I am sorry, but I just woke up and this is the first thing I read. I felt so bad for you but the way you said it was so fing funny. Lol the best cream I have ever used is called reti care. It's like $30 fir the tube. But it's so worth it. Feel better and go see a colorectal surgeon. ??

Jaime

• Posted

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

5. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

- Patrick, this situation of yours will heal, you just have to have different approaches to it. If you could do me a favor, please post back and let me know how you are doing with your condition. We all care for other people in this condition and want to make sure that you know that you have a whole support group behind you.

Good Luck!!!

Sincerely,

Myles 

• Posted

Disregard the last paragraph as I attached this to someone's else wall back when.

• Posted

yes, same experience here. i used the Anusol suppository. wow, it felt like i put an open apsicum pepper up my ass. washed the melted suppository out immediately and threw away the remaining suppositories. Four years later, now my doctor prescribed the Anusol HC to me and my family encouraging me to use it for my 1.5 inch prolapsed hemmhoroids that i want to put back inside my bum. but im afraid to use that cream again.

• Posted

i had this reaction too.

i have chronic fissure and sometimes that would burn so bad and others it wouldn't its weird ie my reaction to it but ur not alone with that reaction

• Posted

Oh. My. God.

This cream is a scam. Exactly like the original post just happened to me. I swear the relief that you feel after the fact is only a relative perception thing because the cream hurt so much more that you can't feel the original problem anymore. If you're reading this and are thinking about buying it, DON'T. If anything, buy the regular and not the "plus" or even another brand.

I can't stress this enough: DO NOT BUY.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.