?'s about HSV

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was just told I have hsv 2 and I experienced my first ever OB and it wasn't as bad as I thought or expected. I guess my questions are what are some tips on how avoiding getting really bad OB's? Can certain foods cause OB's? My OB/GYN only talked to me about citric foods and told me to stay away from too much vitamin c. Any tips help since all this is new to me!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you first outbreak wasn't bad, your goid. Each ob is less severe . Take multivitamins and keep your health up
    • Posted

Can it spread to other parts of your body? Like today I woke up with a very tiny bump in the corner of my eyelid and it's really sore
    • Posted

Only if you rubbed a genital lesion then immediately rubbed your eye without washing your hands and have not had herpes for longer than four months.
  • Posted

Diet (excluding alcohol) is not a confirmed trigger and I have never heard that citrus fruits and vitamin C are not good for herpes (the opposite, in fact). The most important thing with herpes is to keep up your overall health, and vitamin C is great for that! Your doctor has some rather strange advice...
    • Posted

Right? I thought it was strange that she told me to stay away from too much vitamin c, since it's good for your immune system , but thank you I will be taking multivitamins now and overall changing my eating habits and taking better care of myself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.