0.60 TSH

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and have been on 50 MCG of Synthroid. I've been experiencing symptoms of hyperthyroid like hot flashes & trembling hands and got my blood levels checked by a gyno. The levels were TSH 0.60 with a. 0.40-4.50 reference range and a T4, FREE of 1.3 with Reference Range: 0.8-1.8 ng/dL.

Should my medication be reduced? I don't know if my gyno is going to do anything about it because it's in reference range but on the lower side.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm also Hypothyroid, those symptoms are of an overdose. If they don't go away after 6 weeks, and are continuing past 6 weeks, you'll need a slightly lower dose. The next one down is 25mcg, if this is too low your TSH will raise again and you would need to ask for an odd dose between 25mcg and 50mcg. For example, 30mcg. If you do need this odd dose, it's best to ask the pharmacist to split the medication because it needs to be cut a specific way.

If your gyno won't listen, find an endocrinologist they specialize in thyroid function. Even if you're in reference range, sometimes you need to be adjusted still.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.