1 month testicle pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone, just thought I would share this dilemma I'm going trough. So at the beginning of the month I noticed testicle pain when I coughed (had a bad cold at the time) I immediately thought I had a hernia so I went to the ER to get checked out. They did a physical exam and an ultrasound which turned out nothing except hydroceles on both testes. The dr said I prob just had a groin strain... so for the next few days I started noticING the dull aches in my left testicle so I booked an appt with my GP but saw he's pa. He checked for hernia found nothing and said the same thing. To keep this story short I've been to the ER 2 more times since. Was diagnosed with epididymitis, given 2 weeks, of levo quin with did nothing, and now on cephalaxin, have a couple days left but haven't seen real improvement. I'm starting to get pain in my left leg, lower back, and discomfort in my abdomen, as well in both testes. Tommorrow I'm calling my Dr and demanding a CT scan, because as u all know this is so frustrating and I'm starting to panic a little. Seeing a urologist next week but I just want the ct scan sooner. It's crazy I've seen 4 doctors so far and none of them seem that concern about it. Just wanted to let ppl know my story so far and will update it when I can. Feedback is Def appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi jim78257

your presentation of symptoms mirror mine. I have had this now for 13 months. I have asked for another appointment at the hospital. It seems to me that my scrotum would need to be the size of a large grapefruit before they would act. Not sure what course of action I would prefer from what I read. Most of it seems doomed to ultimate failure if it falls short of removing your testes!  I get a lot of referee pain to my groin and lower legs. To alleviate that I do specific muscle stretches in the gym which give me temporary alleviation. If you get any relief or satisfaction from the medics I would be keen to hear it. Stay positive and hope for the best!

• Posted

Maybe it's your back that's giving you problems and it's causing pain in other areas, there a a lot of nerves that run through the pelvic that could be irritated, pinched or who knows.

• Posted

Hey thx for feedback, no haven't had a vasectomy. I agree that it might have something to do with nerves cause there is no swelling whatsoever. I was pretty active in the gym until this started happening so if the ct scan reveals nothing I'm gonna try the physical therapy route. I was talking to my buddy who had 2 hernias, he said the urologist he went to when he started having pain said it was all in his head and gave him antidepressants... finally got a CT scan which revealed a hernia. I don't know about these doctors man, his advice to me was don't take no for an answer, u gotta sometimes give these doctors a kick in the ass. anyway we will see what happens, I'll keep u guys updated.
    • Posted

I agree on the Doc part I had a hydrocele(I have a separate thread with my experience) and it's been over a year and a half and 2 surgeries and my nut is still 2 times the size it was. Doc said everything is fine it looks healthy but never mentioned anything about it staying bigger than before the hydrocele until AFTER the second surgery.
    • Posted

Hi Patsfan5777

I also have two hydroceles and my right testicle is slightly enlarged. I also have chronic epididymis. Did you get epididymis? The doctors I have spoken to regards the removal of the hydroceles are not confident that the removal of the hydroceles will ring me the pain relief I am looking for.sould you recommend the operation a date you now pain free?

• Posted

I did not get epidytimitis nor did I get much pain from the hydrocele it was more of a "tugging" feeling because the testicle was being pulled down from all the fluid. I could also feel the fluid "filling up" around the testicle (a lot of fluid would drain while i was sleeping and fill back up the longer i was on my feet)even though the Dr said that it wasn't possible. The 2 surgeries did very little the hydrocele wasn't that big to begin with and the testicle is still much larger(egg size)from scar tissue (you can actually see the outline of the scar tissue through the scrotum) it still hangs much lower and I still get that tugging feeling from time to time so I would rule that out as a cause of your pain.
  • Edited

Alright everyone just wanted to update my condition. So I had a cat scan which came back normal. A couple of days later I decided to see a chiropractor seeing how my symptoms seemed like sciatica. Lo and behold I had an injured L5 vertebrae and si joint. (Had x-rays done). He told me this was 100 percent the reason I was having testicle pain. He said it was referred pain, just because u don't feel it in your back right away. So I've been going to him 3 times a week for two weeks now. The pain in my testicles is GONE. I just have some nagging sciatica pain left which is about 90 percent better. Anyway for those who don't know where to turn too, please get your spine checked out! Hope this helps. Feel free to comment or ask me questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.