10 years with hep b and the mental physical connection

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had no idea about hep b until I received the letter after giving blood. Shortly after I started to feel differences in bowel movements, eating habits, and overall physical well being. The diagnosis made it all real. It's hard not to think about it. It's even harder to think of how destructive my behavior was even after being diagnosed because I was in denial. Now, today the rights are more frequent as well as the pain. The goal now is to try and live as long as possible with as little stress as possible. I'm still learning too accept the fact that I have this for life so I can motivate myself to do more than I have done to promote my well being

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Jay,

I have hep b since childhood and I'm now 61. I picked up running at 55 and have run 7 full marathons since, including 2 Boston marathons. It is not a dead sentence. Just keep monitoring and stay away from alcohol at all costs. Keep your chin up and be happy.

• Posted

Nice to here that Robert.

Have you ever received treatment or no need ?

• Edited

People live with Hep B, and I have it and do not even know since when I got it. I am healthy well, and it now reads negative. Took some tenorfovir for 3 months and it is now negative/undetectable. Keep a health lifestyle and live a full life
    • Posted

That's awesome congratulations on your results. I believe fit me hepb is the gift and curse. My lifestyle prior to learning of my status may have killed me. I've had my difficulties over the years with insane addictive behavior. I feel the mental battle is harder fought than fight the disease itself and both are easier with less physical pain to remind one of the reality. To myself I say Im getting better because I believe I am and procede to do better.

• Edited

please where did u get ur Tenorforvir and what wad de price. I have been searching and not getting a drug to treat mine
  • Posted

So here's an update. I was experiencing weight loss, abdominal pain, difficult and excessive bowel movements.

Eventually I got real serious about taking control of my health and changed my diet, started exercising through the pain, praying, and meditating.

I went to the Dr. before covid and never went back to get the results since I always felt devastated are hearing the results. The pains grew along with concern which pushed me to see the Dr. once more. it was then i was told that I had tested negative for hepb and what I was experiencing was likely my body ridding itself of the virus and regaining proper function. The rest was in my head.

I'm excited and grateful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.