12 months off and through the worse of it.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I quit 12 months ago, went cold turkey, I was on 20mg for 7 years. Firs 2 months were awful, then  you think your through it but your not... It changes you a bit no doubt about it... 3, 6 and 9 months off I considered going back on, but would say now Im glad I'm off so if your considering getting off just letting you know you can. Its not easy but worth it I woudl say!... 

good luck... 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much for sugestion. i know its difficult, and i am so nervos to try to get off it.

How you feel now aftetr all?

• Posted

Yes it's understandable that you would be nervous. I was on Paxil for 15 years but finally got off of it 5 years ago.  It's not easy because of the withdrawal effects.  It has to be done gradually not cold turkey.  But I am so glad I did it.......life is so  much better. It really did not help with depression that well. Now ? I just deal with periodic short bouts of depression......all so much better than dealing with the adverse side effects of SSRI  antidepressants.....good luck....you can do it. 

• Posted

Thank you, i think i'll have to try to quit slowly and i hope it will work.

• Posted

Wish I could. But the dizziness is insane and no way could keep my very successful job. Wish there was a way off this. Bennnon for 15 years...
  • Posted

hi! my boyfriend has been tapering for the last 3 weeks or so. I am curious, what were some side effects you experienced? I feel he is a completely different person. mood swings i would say are the most significant change, although I feel he is going through all the motions of withdraw. He seems to be in denial and pointing the finger towards other aspects of his life, almost finding issues where there are non. I dont know. Just looking to learn more about others' experiences. Thanks so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.