12 weeks on sertraline, still not back to normal.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, I've been on sert 12 weeks now, and although I feel better than I was I'm still getting physical symptoms. Chest tightness seems to pop up every day. Had a light head earlier and still moments of internal shaking and feeling tearful. Wandering when I will feel normal again? Don't have any interest in doing much or planning ahead. Went back to work this week part time, but feeling rubbish every day still.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Edited

im feeling the same mate... ive been on sert since early january and still feel crap... only feel good when i have diazapam or zopiclone .... suppose we just have to be patient? all the best bro

• Posted

hi, im on sertraline too. ive had weird feelings of internal vibrating. i do get headaches. what side effects have you had?

• Edited

I only ever feel better when i've had a diazepam or a good nights sleep with a Sleeping Pill.

They work and help so much that i think it's right cruel to put me through "Symptoms" from....

mind altering A/D drugs with lists of awful symptoms... 郎

• Edited

i agree im going to give it another month on the sert and then see my doctor again... im taking diazapam more often because of the side effects... it seems more people feel worse on sert than feeling better?

• Posted

If it's any help I was really really ill from September to January but with a change of medication I got there in the end don't be afraid to say if you don't feel better sometimes a change of antidepressant and time is all it needs x

• Posted

HI I was put on sertraline for about 2 months it did help but not enough I was really unwell I was then referred to the psychiatrist under the mental health team it was advised that I tapered off sertraline and changed to mirtazapeone and i was also advised by 5he doctor to take 4 diazepam a day while changing over at first I really didn't want to take the diazepam but eventually I realised I needed to adhere to the advice given.within a couple of weeks of the change of medication I started to get so much better and could sleep so much better after about a month I was able to reduce the diazepam completely to none I'm now back in work feeling really well and I'm only taking a very low dose of mirtazapeone the change of drug was a game changer for me and definitely helped me to get better.Perhaps a visit to a psychiatrist and it may only need a change in medication to help you .Sometimes what helps one person doesn't help another so if you've given it your best shot and don't feel much better ask about a change in medication.Good luck mental unwellness is a horrible thing to endure hope you start to feel better soon. X

• Posted

Other than talking to your doctor and playing with the doseage, I don't know what else you could do. I have been on it for about 6 years and still have bad days every now and then. Try to take it at the same time everyday. I take mine at night, right before bed. Good luck!

• Posted

ive been on sert since january 17th.. started a week doing 25mg, then 50mg for about 5 ish weeks, 75mg for about 2 weeks and then went to 100mg i think on wednesday. i think we're in the same boat.. i do feel somewhat better but did have a panic attack on sunday and felt one coming on today at work so i ended up leaving only to ball my eyes out cause i cannot let this control my life!!

what dose are you on? seeing my psychiatrist has really helped me!

• Posted

I'm up to 150mg now, tried 200mg for the last week but that really zombied me out, so gone bk to 150mg. I had an appointment with a psychiatrist last week and he mentioned mirtazapine so I'm gonna speak to my gp this week. Think I need something slightly different, and still waiting for cbt.

• Posted

hi - it would seem mirtazapine is the ad of the moment! i was also put on it 2 weeks ago by a psychiarist (my gp is useless and only -willing to prescribe the standard ssris) after an unsuccessful 3 months on sertraline, i have to say its completely different to any AD ive ever tried, its an snri so it works on other receptors as well as seratonin, and so far for me it seems to be helping, i sleep like a log ! but luckily i dont have drowsyness the next day, im up to 30mgs and i would say my anxiety and depression have improved 50%, so hopefully i keep improving, best of luck x

• Posted

does anyone know how to tell if the medicine is working? im going to ask my psychiatrist wed to see if he can prescribe me emergency valium for when i feel a panic attack coming on... since ive been on sert since jan 17th, how can i tell if its working or not? ive been on 100mg for about a week.

• Posted

Im feeling the same way. Just hit 12 weeks on 150mg and still have some bad days. Last week i thought i was going back to the beginning of this journey.

Im going to keep going im not interested in upping my dose as the side effects arent nice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.