12th day

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello lovelies, yesterday was a mixture of ups and downs. Was able to walk with just one crutch, so liberating yeah, on the other hand swelling was so bad couldn't take full advantage of progress. As usual bed time was challenging to say the least. Feeling positive again this morning washed and changed clothes, and even put a bit of slap on.  Best wishes to you all. 💝

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julia,

It's good to hear that you are having a good day and this

is what we all find isn't it? Swings and roundabouts, but at least we know there will be good days to give us a boost

Enjoy your day!

Gwen xx

• Posted

Hello Gwen, there definately are swings and roundabouts. One minute  I'm thinking great progress, the next minute i'm in floods of tears of frustration. Having my staples removed later today, all 30 of them, not looking forward to that one bit. I've managed to get into some normal clothes, although quite tight, seems I've put a lot of weight on in such a short time out of action. Wishing you all the best chick. love and luck.xxxxxxx 
    • Posted

Hello julia,

You do sound down and I'm not surprised with your run of luck.

You seem to be trying to juggle too many things and after a major operation you are being very tough on yourself.

My advice would be to get yourself better first and then your morale will increase and weight loss will be easier to attain.

Wishing you all good luck for the future.

Gwen xx

• Posted

good luck with the staples removal. .it sounds worse than it actually is. .

I was not looking forward to it either ...

let us know how it went OK. .scar might still be a bit tender. .I had a band aid on it,even though the scar was closed and dry

angel blessings

• Posted

Hello again Gwen, thank you for your kind words. I feel blessed to have so much suppport from you and others on this forum. Wishing you a pain free future. hugs.xxx
    • Posted

Hello renee, I've had the staples removed, was'nt too bad at all, just a bit sharp where the skin had grown over them. The nurse put a large dressing on because there was a little bleeding, but she said it could come off tomorrow so that i could take a much longed for shower. Thanking you again for your support. Hope your feeling well. Sending love and hugs. xxxxxxxxx.
    • Posted

hi julia,

checking in with you - I had a little bleeding too with 2nd scar and scans as well - I didn't like the feeling of material against my skin, so put on new dressing after shower - 

enjoy your shower, darling ---- you will feel reborn !!!

angel blessings

renee

• Posted

cool  cooool ,,, and congratulations on these victories ....

I am so sorry to read about these challenges you have with going in- and out of bed ... is your bed high enough? can you use some kind of leg lift ?  

how do you do it?

This is how I did/do it - bed is at 90 degree angle - I move my butt as close to the bed as possible and then sit down - lift both legs up and turn on butt, swinging both legs on bed - leaning backwards on elbows - Not sure if this is the right way to do it, but I live alone and was happy with this - especially during the first weeks when I had to visit the bathroom frequently ... cumbersome but doable 

big warm hug, you are doing great

renee

• Posted

Hello again renee, total respect, I don't know what I would have been like if I had lived alone. My husband has been such a big help. In hospital they showed me the shuffle method. Sit on the edge of the bed, as near to the bottom as possible, and shuffle up to the pillow. I must admit your method is much better. Sending you warmest of wishes and hugs. xxxxx 
  • Posted

cool cool Julia, 

is your bed high enough ? can you use something to lift your leg on to the matress?

I live alone and kind of managed by  getting my butt as cose as possible to edge of mattra

• Posted

Hi Julia,

Good news you're getting about easier. Like you I'm doing the same but, it is frustrating you want to do more but the swollen foot restricts you.

I sit on end of bed and lift two legs up together. Find it quite easy.

Good to get the slap on too. I'm the same xx

• Posted

Julia,

Onwards and upwards, slowly, small steps, little victories.

Best wishes

Graham - 🚀💃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.