Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi has anybody had gallbladder surgary awake

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes had mine taken out a few days ago

• Posted

I was bloated alot. Upper abdominal pain feels like its about to bust. Pressure in abdominal especially after eating Fatigue tiredness all the time. I had an over active gallbladder. They definitely put you under when getting surgery. It's not as bad as you think. It seemed like I was sleep for 5 min. I told them I was very nervous when I was in waiting room. When they took me to operating room they knocked me out immediately they tricked me but I glad they did it that way

• Posted

Hi victoria. Im still awaiting surgery but get awful pains in upper back an abdomen
    • Posted

Sadie so sorry your waiting the pain can be dibilitating. Good luck thru surgery. Hope it's soon. 

Keep me posted.

• Posted

i have pain in abdomen on right side under rib and in my back centre/right under my shoulder blade and the pain can be excruciating.  Also sometimes travels up my breastbone and into my throat.

what makes it worse is all tests have been normal for me.  normal ultrasound, endoscope, CT scan, Hida scan, bloods. ive been sick well over a year and have just received an appointment for laparoscomy.

im hoping this will fix the problem....

• Posted

Hi Stephen, your symptoms seem similar to mine but you're alot further along with tests. I too have had normal bloods, ultrasound, gastroscopy and ct scan but I'm now waiting for a HIDA scan and MRCP scan in the next 4-6 weeks. My pain is on the right side under the ribs but I get alot of pain in my back upto my shoulder blades. 

Does your pain seem to increase to another level every few weeks? 

When's your laparotomy, keep me informed I'd like to know how you're getting on?

• Posted

Yes it gets extremely bad then dies off, then returns again.  Only now its bad more than its not.  

my laparoscomy is in 4 weeks time, but im hoping for a cancelation to get in sooner.

Its horrific, ive gone from a professional athlete to literally house bound and NHS was in no hurry to help.

• Posted

I think I must've been luckily initially as I was put on a 2 week plan after a normal ultrasound, as my gp thought it might be something horrible so all the previous tests have been within 2-3 weeks but now I'm on the normal waiting list.

What was your result on your HIDA scan, did they give you a percentage, as alot of our american people on this site talk about percentage?

Mine's got worse again over the past 2 weeks but luckily it was painful when I saw the consultant which I think always helps and I'm still loosing weight not so much at the moment as I am managing to eat something. Unfortunately I'm not very big anyway so can't afford to loose much more.

I hope you get that cancellation soon.

• Posted

I had mine out many years ago under general anesthesia . Now it's a lot different and a nerve block is administered and two holes are inserted to remove the GB. see on you tube. No stomach muscles to worry about heeling not cutting thru the muscles any longer. 

So glad things are getting better in the medical field for the better.

less down Time and recovery today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.