2.5cm mass on kidney, protein in urine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, so I had a body scan reveal a 2.5cm mass on my left kidney that wasnt there in 2020 when I had a CT scan after an accident, and all was normal. Today I went to a Nephrologist who is sending me for a CT scan with contrast to see what it is (solid,fluid). He took some blood and urine today and some of my tests are off. My urine shows protein, 30mg/dl and Ketones. The ketones I think is due to my diet of low low carb but the protein im not sure of. I had a urine test a month prior to this and the protein was 8. On this test my EST/GFR is 112 , BUN is 13 mg/dl, creatine is .79mg/dl. Im a 45 year old male, i take a lot of vitamin suppliments and have been on Dutasteride for over 10 years. Does this sound like the start of CKD and does the mass seem to have grown rather quickly to be a cyst? Thanks in advance

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.