2 day period - pregnant?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I recently had my period but only lasted 2 days, it was fairly heavy. My husband and I agreed we would start trying for a baby next month and are really excited about it. However, we have only been using the withdrawal method as contraception for the last few month. We didn't use anything at all 2 days before my period was due as figured there was no chance of being fertile then.

is there any chance this 2 day bleed could mean pregnancy and if so when should I take a test to be sure? 

Thank you :-)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not likely at his stage you are pregnant.. depends how often you bleed as a norm for your period.. sometimes people bleed for 4 days but the 1st and 4th days are very light..maybe your cycle that month was just heavy..try drinking lots of water when you have a period 2 Litres a day..this will dilute everything. I suffered dismenhorrea(painful periods) I found this to be helpful. The best time to try is the 10-14th  day after a period has passed, check your vaginal discharge which should be clear & sticky..do the finger test..if this is apparent then you are fertile.. its unlike you are yet pregnant..You might also get a slight pain in your side when you ovulate..When you have missed a periodtake the dated down in your diary and keep a record.

Good Luck!

• Posted

2 day bleed could mean pregnancy if you have a short period and menstrual cycle.

It is possible to ovulate during your period even though it is rare. you might be one of the rare ones that has menstruation and ovulation during the same period of time.

• Posted

Thank you both for your help and advice. My cycle is unusual as it alternates each month 30 days and 37 days exactly, I did a test just to make sure and it was negative. I have no pregnancy symptoms either so don't think I am which is a shame. Everything iv read says that 3-5 days is normal,  nothing about 2, it has happened before where its 2 days stops then resumes 2 days later.. hopefully it wont effect fertility.. I'll keep this posted with any news incase anyone else is wondering the same thing.
    • Posted

periods anywhere between 2 and 10 days are considered normal. I have always had periods in this range. Sometimes I even feel like I am on my period when I am not on my period(specifically the feeling of uterine bleeding when nothing visible is coming out of the uterus)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.