2 different results for stool tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a colonoscopy booked for Saturday because of diarrhoea for over a month. I had a positive FIT stool test which scored 28 on the chart. Which is quite high and could be cancer. Then I got the result from my NHS bowel screening, the one you send off in the post, and it was normal. The GP said to continue with the colonoscopy and she didn't know why there was a discrepancy. Weird! Not looking forward to the procedure but I suppose better safe than sorry. I forgot to ask how long you wait for your results - is it the same day?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello ,firstly good luck with your colonoscopy , I have one on Monday and equally I am not looking forward to it ,particularly the prep tomorrow

During one of the phone consultations the nurse told me that the faecal testing done at the hospital on referral is considerably more sensitive than the basic screening tool used for the samples we send in the post ... seems to make sense

Not sure about results but think you get some feedback the same day but if they take any biopsies you will have to wait for results of those ..

All the best

• Posted

Good luck. The ones I've had were ok and I was told the result immediately. No biopsies.

• Posted

That's good news.

Thank you , hopefully all will be well .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.