2 hours of sleep a night for neally 3 months...i want to lill myself now.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I only get 2hours sleep a night. Sometimes no sleep at all. Ive gone from a happy person to a very sad person who has not much energy and cant think straight the next day. I dont even feel like talking to people at work..It is down to guilt at something i did at work which i cant fix. I now have a weak bladder as well so need toilet all the time as when i drink it goes through me in a few hours, also have stomach pains like nots. Ive also lost weight

Im at my wits ends, not sleeping has made me want to kill myself which i think about most days and google it.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Well John, we've all done things we can't fix - and not just at work. Whatever you did it can't have been all that bad as you still seem to be going to work. I always think that going around feeling guilty is a bit of a cop-out that prevents me from owning what I did. Better to look it in the eye, whatever it is, and admit: "Yes, I did that and I shouldn't have" (or I didn't do it and I should have, depending on the case). That way, I find I can accept my guilt, make reparations if possible (though it often isn't possible) and move on, having hopefully learned my lesson.

If you can't do this, have you considered seeing a doctor and asking whether you can be referred to a therapist? CBT might be a good option for someone like you. Whatever your doctor suggests, it sounds as if you need some kind of help to get through this difficult period. And you need to see a doctor anyway since you're now having physical problems as well - i.e. knots in your stomach and weight loss.

You say you now have a weak bladder. I'm wondering whether that appears to have started since your sleeping problem. I'm only asking because when I used to have trouble sleeping as a young woman, many years ago, I invariably got the same problem with my bladder. But it wasn't a real weakness, it was just because I was more aware of it while lying awake.

Please try and see past this, rather than letting it define the rest of your life. Making mistakes is part of what makes us human. It's also part of growing up emotionally (however old we might be) and makes us more forgiving of the shortcomings of others. But we need to forgive ourselves first.

• Posted

Hi lily65668..thanks for the reply.ive had a weak bladder before but not as bad as this . i sually camt hold a full amount in.
  • Posted

Hi John.  soooo sorry to hear you're so upset. it sounds awful for u. i know how one feels on 2 or zero hrs sleep. none ofn your organs/systems are getting rest & repair time.  this is vital to the body. 

john, can u ask your Doctor to have your vitamin B12 & Folate levels checked. your symtoms point in the direction of b12 & folate deficiencies.   the 'guilt' may well have been, the 'straw that broke the camels back' so to speak, causing assault on  vulnerable organs/systems.  we now know the interconnectedness between the body & mind and V.V. symptoms on the physical plane can cause problems on the psychological plane like insomnia.  also, there's no shame on needing to have something to help you sleep, so in the meantime explain to your Doc that for now u need the zopiclone. it's a very low dose.   think your GP (if in the UK)  needs to do a full  blood check. meantime, have a look at the 'HealthUnlocked' website in the Pernicous Anaemia (PAS) section to compare your symptoms. 

• Posted

Hi Caitlin39841, thank you for the reply ...i will ask the doctor tomorrow about b12 and folate levels check...i have been perscribed zopliclone a few weeks ago but only gives me 5 hours sleep...anyway thanks again for all the advice.
  • Posted

I share your problem with insomnia.

I have just been in hospital for four nights.  I slept on the first night because I had consumed a fair amount of alcohol, but absolutely none on the next three nights.

My insomnia started with a series of negative life events in summer 2013.  I would lie awake al-night and did so for about 14 nights in a row (I was in Prague).

Thankfully, my GP took pity on my plight and prescribed Temazepam, then switching between Zolpidem and Zopiclone (to avoid tolerance).  I also tried Melatonin, though with mixed results.

I have continued on them ever since, and they generally work quie well.  They're not ideal as there's nothng like falling asleep naturally as I used to do with little trouble.  But, if you really can't sleep, the sleep drugs are a necessary substitute.

• Posted

Hi Gav. good to read that you have an understanding GP. how does the Temazepam compare in effectiveness with the Zopiclone?
    • Posted

Hi Caitlan,

The Temazepan is probably more effective, but also with a bit more of a hangover feeling next day if you can't allow for at least eight hours of sleep.

I do find switching between them all on a regular basis helps to avoid tolerance of any of them.

• Posted

Thank you for that. alternating/switching sounds a v. sensible way to deal with the problem.

C

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.