2 mm Vertical vertical white stripe

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I'm a 28 year old male, 1.72 m, 70kg, healthy apart from varicose vains on my left leg cause by a blocked valve on the back of the knee since i was 24.

I need to identify if there's any bigger problem behing the white stripe on my nail, my other nails are sound, and it's just a 2mm clear white stripe, when i press on this particular nail it's hard, but over the white stripe it's kind of softer.

Does anyone know of any health issues or deficiencies behing my nail condition and what can be done to fix it. Any ideas about my varicose vains also very welcome.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Many thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could be that you damaged the nail bed at some point. I sometimes have white marks on my nails, I was always told it was lack of calcium, although some people say it is lack of vitamin K. 

I had veins removed this year using the VNUS closure method. It took less than half an hour on one leg under local anaesthetic. I could have driven home afterwards but someone did give me a lift as I was not sure how I would feel. 

• Posted

Hi ★6ptolemy! Thanks for your reply, the tripe on my nail is perpendicular to the line of growth, 2mm think, and it starts from the root, i have it for years, i always thougth it was some kind of deficiency, or maybe some liver problem. Have you heard of any way to correct this deficiency?

Now with regards to varicose veins, did you have any complications after treatment, or do you regret ever having treatment?

Also have you heard of any deficiency related to this condition?

Many thanks

• Posted

You could ask a pharmacist if they have any ideas for possible supplements. I would have thought if you had liver problems you would be aware by now.

The VNUS Closure went very well, it was a bit painful afterwards but I was swimming a week later, also I was driving the day after the procedure. The vascular surgeon was very helpful and answered all my questions. Actually having the procedure he kept making jokes! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.