200mg levothyroxine

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i was diagnosed hypo in may started with 50mg was on it 2, weeks the upped it to 200mg which I've been taking for 5 weeks having a blood test next week to review but my old symptoms are returning .. surely i don't need a higher dose. feel so rubbish at the moment

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Mizzjaney88, not exactly sure what you mean by old symptoms, but I am assuming you are referring to symptoms of hypothyroidism. Just in case you are not aware of it, Levothyroxine (T4) is a precursor hormone. Normally, the body transforms T4 into the thyroid hormone T3 as needed. But for some people the conversion from T4 to T3 does not happen efficiently enough. In case you still feel rubbish and your FT4 levels and TSH levels are ok, it would be good to have your FT3 level checked as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.