22 yrs been on contraceptive pill has lost my libido

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 40 year old female happily married with two children ( not wonting More ) and have been using LOGYNON combined contraceptive pill for 22 years. it has Estrogon and progesterone . i feel like this has affected my sex drive . i no longer feel good about myself ,sexy and wanting sex anymore with my husband and our relationships at some risk. i had growth hormone therapy when i was young to trigger puberty from age 12 - 14 yrs.

i know my body well and i feel my inhibitions are due to the pill. So thinking of of coming of it altogether and hubby using condoms to get my libido back . Has anyone had similar experiences please ? My questions areas are follows.

1. Would going off the pill altogether cause an hormone in balance due to growth hormone treatment i had when i was young and cause further libido issues lacking in a hormone by coming off the pill?

2..Is there another Birth control pill perhaps i can take with higher Estrogon and less progesteron ratio which will boost sex drive and bring my emotions?

1. I dont wont to use the coil and inplant for personal reasons. so would by going completely off the pill boost my libido and how i feel about my self .

Any advice , experiences and opinions would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.