2nd flare up

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I've read somewhere it may take a few weeks to turn into a flare.

A couple of weeks ago I had a lot of wind, but didn't think much about it.

For a week now I've had awful griping pains in belly, which is swollen. all reminiscent of what happened the last time.

I had Shepherds pie about 3 weeks ago which I rarely eat, and also more sparkling wine than usual over the last bank holiday , could this be the trigger.

I was given antibiotics the last time I had this, though I didn't feel they helped.

A private consultant told me to eat white food for 3 weeks, and eventually the pain did go.

what do others do in a flare up?

I've read only 10g of fibre from white food which isn't much and found I'd even overdone that a few days on the trot so back to writing everything down.

You just feel horrible don't you with this pain.

any advice welcome, thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Gill ,I'm the Old Timer that started this 8 years ago ,so ,that should cheer you up ,there is life at the end of all your worrying and stressing , You will get there .Promise .Eating ,,,,was a real frightener ,

staring longingly at stuff that was essential to make me happy .and trawling through stuff that didn't.

I am not going to give you advice , but eat bits of what you like .chew it well , and enjoy it Just between you and me ,there isn't anything that I don't eat ,except peel ,of anything

i'm here if you need a hug ,take care .you will get better ,,,,,,,Cut down on the STRESS

Jacqueline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.