2nd surgery failed

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys, i am dealing with pilonidal cyst for about 1 year now, in may i had a closed wound surgery from my tailbone all the way above my anus there were stitches, after 2 weeks when stitches were taken off i had  a small spot above my anus that was not closed, my doctor said it will closed by itself, i waited till november and it did not closed, when to doctor and he said he will do another surgery to close it, on november 9 i had another surgery he put stitches again, after 3 week today he took the stitches off and that spot  its still open, my doctor is also surprised why its not closing. he put some kind of acid on that spot so it can irritate the skin and hopefully closed by it self

i lost hope by now, can you guys suggest me something what should i do now

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I am afraid that I have never hear from any body they get rid of this problem as I am having this issue last 8 years and had once surgery , latter on the pain and problems I have faced I did not go for 2nd time for the same.

This problem happens with me and my doctor has said same thing to me it iwll close automatically but I believe doctors actually do not know about anything or may be I have not got a right doctor for this issue.

• Posted

The problem is when surgery is done and it's closed immediately. The best method is open wound healing. My doctor says lot of doctors all over the world just concentrate on hair thing. But according to him it's the overlapping of one side of buttons on the other. And until this overlapping area is removed it will come again and again. Hair issue is secondary. He says becoz of that overlapping the one which went below will grow hairs.

• Posted

When I have got my surgery my wound remain open by the doctor, and he said it need to be heal from inside out that is why I was getting dressing on daily basis which was already a painful process for an open wound with you.

Right after 2 weeks I have seen symptoms have came back and I have show this to the doctor and he said do not worry nothing will happen, but now after 5 years I am again sitting with same issue which start right after surgery as this thing has not be finished yet.

• Posted

What symptoms you has? Because I too have little problem around the area. As of now doctor says it's skin irritation due to adhesive tapes. Also did you undergo laser hair removal?

• Posted

I had pilonidal sinus since 2007 and after that 2012 I went for 1st surgery, wound remain open for bandage daily but could not heal and hairs grow up again and sinus remain on spot, I did not go for laser hair removal treatement as hair growing is the main reason of this.
    • Posted

Didn't get your last point. Laser hair removal will stop hair growth.. So why you didn't go for it?

• Posted

Doctor and nobody els suggested me this thing, so I did not get it. Now again I am afraid of 2nd surgery and also I have no time out of my work to spare 3 months.
    • Posted

Do consult them once about it. It is done post surgery.. Once heals. Be positive...its the best we can do. The only reason for me to stay positive is my Doctor. He is well known. Consult 2-3 doctors before undergoing for another surgery.
    • Posted

yeh I am planning this time but with another doctor he suggested me a different way to heal the wound I want to try him along with this laser hair removal process.
  • Posted

My stitches did not work either.. I had to get fully layed open and packed daily by nurses to get it to fully heal from inside out... it was a night mare and took about a year

Stitches are meant to be quicker healing wise but I'm yet to here of a succesful surgery when stitched..

Hope you heal asap mate

Good luck!

• Posted

my wound still have not closed yet, but it is healing really slowly when first it was open it was about 8cm wide and 6 cm deep, now its about 1 cm deep and 4 cm wide. i have a nurse comes in anddo daily dressing. they clean my wound with saline then pack it with xeroform. every two weeks i go to my doctor and he puts silver nitrate on my wound, he says it helps get rid of bad tissue around the wound. its been 3 months now since my surgery
    • Posted

Are you staying home out of work during this time coz this is main reason I cannot stay away from work that long to avoid surgery.
    • Posted

That sounds about right mate, myn was a slow process..first op and stitched January 2015, with them (stitches)not working layed me fully open on march 2015, to be packed daily... I didn't fully heal till like a say about November December, last bit of the wound would never close and stay closed would always break down when it got to like a finger nail of size...due to infection, then lucky for me a tissue viability nurse helped the last bit close with trimavade, it's a skin thinner...apparently I had over healed and that was the reason it kept breaking down with infection, didn't make sense to me but there the professional I guess.. how u coping mentally..? U need to just keep thinking positive , my family played a big part in getting me through it as it was getting me very low and depressed how long it took.. but just stay strong and you'll get there.. I got done in north tees hospital 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.