2nd TKR Tomorrow morning!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow is the day for my left TKR!

I am kinda nervous but excited to be on the road to functioning knees! I had my right knee replaced this past October and is doing good! So I will let anyone know how it went when I get home. Can't wait for all the sleepless nights that are coming my way!

Melissa

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Will be praying that all goes well. I had my second one done 4 weeks ago! We all just love our sleepless nights don't we. Lol

Cant wait to get to where i can sleep in my own bed instead of the recliner as i just cant sleep and get my leg comfy. Let us know how you come out.

• Posted

Thank you so much! I am not looking forward to this again. But we all know how it ends. I want my life back!!

Hope you are doing well too!

Melissa

• Posted

Good luck with that. They never told me about the sleepless nights (or the constipation!)

Jim

• Posted

Haha! Thank you, yes it was an awful surprise to me as well. This time I know better.

• Posted

Hi Mellisa

all the best for your second TKR tomorrow . i had my left knee replaced at the beginning of May 18 and the right one replaced in Aug 18 and i cant begin to tell you how different my life is now . ive just returned from a new year break in Cornwall where i was the one suggesting long beach walks and dancing to the early hours this morning with absolutely no pain this morning when i woke .

i love the new lease of life i now have and how i am free from pain . As you will know from your first op physio is vital and listening to your body as it heals .

My second knee experience was very different to the first in both positive and more negative ways but now 4 months plus after my second TKR my life could not be more positive .

So if i could offer any advice it woulf be to say all TKR are different and to take it one day at a time , make sure you do what your consultant and physio advise and you will be rewarded 😃

Allie

• Posted

Thank you so much so your encouraging words! Sounds very positive on your end! I can't wait to have my life back, go back to work and enjoy life!

Melissa

• Posted

i will be thinking of you today Melissa . youll be fine and like you said its a huge step to getting your life back

let us know how you get on and as for those sleep less nights box sets were my saviour x

• Posted

Thank you Allie! My daughter's name is Allie too! My saving grace was the all nite Christmas movies last time. I will be fine and hope to find something good to watch on tv..

Thanks!

Melissa

• Posted

I wish you all the best for tomorrow - you'll be fine. You know what to expect.

I had my second TKR 6 weeks ago. Just started driving again yesterday so a milestone passed.

Keep us updated on your post-op 😃

• Posted

Thank you Daisy! my saving grace was the Hallmark Christmas movies that played all day and night..hope I can find something to entertain me at this time of year!

Looking forward to the future with 2 good knees!

Thanks!

Melissa

• Posted

hi melissa

wish you all the luck in the world xx you are very brave i have sworn that i would have to be on my knees crawling before i would go back if my good knee becomes bad lol xx im still struggling with my TKR on right knee oct 20th last yr. i guess its still early days reading on here but im still walking with one crutch and struggling to get full straight and almost at 90 flexing .

anyway all the best..at least the sleepless and feeling down after wont be a shock lol xx

• Posted

Thanks Penny for the well wishes! I will be fine! Just can't wait to get it over with!

I hope you start feeling better soon! Can't wait for the sleepless nights!

Melissa

• Posted

Team Melissa haha,good luck im just passed 6 weeks post TKR as your aware,and its like a switch now sleeping so much better,still swollen a bit and no pain to speak off,still a bit of discomfort but thats all,so mel we'll all be thinking of you tomorrow so best wishes and happy days ahead.(after the 6 weeks that is) xx:)

• Posted

Hey Brent! Thank you! I'm so glad you are doing so well..Can I fast forward 6 weeks, I'm not looking forward to the sleepless nights! Last surgery my saving grace was my all night Christmas movies! I have no idea what will keep me entertained this time! So glad to hear you're doing great! I will be doing great soon too!

Take care!

Melissa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.