3 and a half weeks post lumbar puncture

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello i had two thunderclap headaches 4 weeks ago and ended up sent to hospital to have a ct scan followed by a lumbar puncture.

that evening my really bad headache started. for the next week and a half i couldnt even sit up to drink or eat my dinner as the pain was so bad. when lying completly flat it wasnt too bad. i kept dosed up with ibuprofen and paracetamol.

after two weeks the headache seemed to go but i started feeling really strange. almost nausea and kind of dizzy but just generally not well and my head just didnt feel right. also getting stabbing pains in my head!

the nausea feels slightly better now but still not gone. its been 3 weeks since my lumbar puncture and have been signed off work all this time.

had a bad headache again yesterday and hardly slept all night because of it. and still here today.

feel like its never going to stop sad

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

did you ask fora blood patch?

it might be something to look into to help with the headake. 

• Posted

Thought i would give an update 8-9 months later i am finally feeling back to normal!!! thought the day would never come.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.