3 month long period?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 24 and have had the implant in place for two years, usually i do not have a period or bleeding until recently. I had 8 days of bleeding at christmas but chalked it up to seasonal stress, however i started again 3 months ago and it has not stopped since.

i have been to the doctors, who originally said it was a side effect of the implant, but has since done a smear and is referring to colposcopy.

i get quite a lot of pain during/after sex and tend to bleed, this has been happening for some time though. Cramps have been a dull ache for ages. Also I felt a lump on my cervix November last year but it had mostly gone down by the time i went to the docs. it still doesn't feel right but apparently there's no obvious lumps when they have looked

I know I'm getting it seen to but just needed to see if anyone has also experienced this as it's starting to freak me out... a normal period is bad enough so the last 3 months have been hell!

TIA

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.