3 months after radiotherapy. Onco. Review

Posted , 2 users are following.

What is covered at the review with the oncologist three months after the end of radiotherapy? A new PSA test was done about ten days ago. Hormone therapy has been continuous since diagnosis .

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

GeorgeGG...curious to know...

I vividly remember my 1st follow up appointment with my radiation oncologist...

Curious to hear how you are travelling...???

• Posted

Hi Kombi Cruiser, 

thank you for the interest. I think it would be best to inform you on Thursday or Friday after I have had the follow-up meeting. I will be able to give you my own assessment plus the assessment of the oncologist. My own assessment may of course be modified as a result of the follow-up meeting.

• Posted

GeorgeGG I hope all went well with you Oncologist follow up assessment...
    • Posted

Dear Kombi Cruiser,

That at is very kind of you to ask.

Yes, my oncologist said it was a very good result. PSA 0.07. So I am now learning to think of myself as "living with or after Prostate Cancer" . As always no prognosis is given. A cure is quite possible although given the agressive nature of the now zapped cancer a number of trouble free years can be expected. At my age I can hope for no further trouble other than getting my PSA measured from time to time. 

That at makes my side-effects eminately worth while. The HT continues as is appropriate for agressive cancer treated with radiotherapy. I now have bone thinning (not enough to be called osteoporosis) and I have started Alendronic Acid plus calcium and vitamin D for that. Just a couple of new but mild side-effects for me to manage.

All in all a matter for thankfulness and rejoicing. I hope others may be encouraged, particularly others staged T2N0M0 Gleason 4+4=8 and 4+3=7.

with my best wishes

George

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.