3 weeks in

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been diagnosed with ra following an infection.  Took six trips to the doc. It started in my foot and hit really bad quick in elbow, knee, hips, back, jaw unilaterally.  Whole back and really bad in mornings.  I can fight through a work day but am really scared about losing my new job which I love.  It’s hard to play with my child. I don’t want my child to get worried.  I’m doing good mentally but was a very very active person and this is worrying me.  I see the rheumatologist early next month. I wish everyone well. We will make it through this.  I’m very glad to have found this group.  I’m here for y’all!  I’m early in this process but let’s remeber it’s up to us to choose if we have a good day.  I choose to have a good day! Even if it hurts pretty darn bad in my body. I’m going to fight and go to work no matter how bad I feel.  I’ve got incredible friends and am so lucky!  Attitude of gratitude!! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi im glad uv got such a positive attitute ive suffered for avery very long time taking 9 tablets a day and also injecting my self which i think was a total waste of time i got so fed up of having attacks i went to the docters and told them im not taking anymore tablets as they aint doing anygood after years of struggling they checked my uric acid level and was through the roof needless to say 1tablet a day and 12 years of suffering later i am attack free for almost a year and have never been so happy so keep ur chin up and i hope all will come good for you
    • Posted

Thanks. They checked my uric acid level and it was normal.  I’m still on Antibiotics for the original infection. I’ve read that can be one course of treatment.  Also nsaids and gabapentin but I’m getting over shingles too.   I’m glad things have improved for you. The pain management is the thing im struggling with like us all and then trying to refocus this frustration. With  thanksgiving coming up I’m going to try to focus on the many blessings in my life and stay away from self pity!  It is remarkably easy to fall into it when you are in actual physical pain (and I’ve been through few things mentally and physically challenging in my relatively short life).  This is up there in the physical pain and a bit of serious frustration- but when I look at where I am now even with this 3 weeks in and knowing it is going to be challenging, compared to where I was in my personal journey last year at this time.  I’m Blessed beyond measure.  I’m a scientist but I also believe that nothing happens in God’s world without reason.   I hope you continue to do well and Happy thanksgiving!  Thanks for the comment!
  • Posted

Interesting. Ive also been diagnosed with Reactive Arthritis this year and two years ago I had shingles. This Reactive Arthritis is terrible. Been dealing with it for several months now. Get well soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.