3 weeks post op having tingling

Posted , 1 user is following.

Three weeks ago I had a parathyroidectomy. We could only fill 1 prescription for calcium, because pharmacy didn't have the calcitral on hand.

The following day after surgery I felt great! My son got the calcitral filled and started taking the regimen of pills! Over 3600 mg of calcium a day!

By day 4, I started feeling pain in my right wrist and both ankles. My right foot started to swell with inflammation. I stopped taking the first script and left a message with the doctor office. No relief and no call from the doctor! Pain was still increasing!

I stopped taking the calcitral altogether!. The office called get bloodwork STAT thru the E.R. I get the bloodwork results, my calcium and PTH is perfect and in normal range. I was told to keep taking the scripts and I said I haven't been for a couple of days.

Fast forward to this morning, 3 weeks post op and now I am feeling numbness and tingly in my right hand, my right knee to my foot and my lip started. Not to mention almost had got into a full blown charley horse in my (you guessed it!) my right calf! Oh, by the way, my right foot inflammation has gone down significantly, today!

Im going to send a message to my surgeon a-gain and see what he suggests!

Anyone ever experience this!!??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.