3 Weeks Today

Posted , 5 users are following.

This time three weeks ago I was in theatre, how time flies, well apart from the first ten days and the nights. On the whole I can't feel my scar unless my trousers catch it, it is swollen and the bruising is coming out. This morning I went for a walk on one crutch for about 25 minutes around the block, progress. I try and have three walks a day. I am watching golf rather than playing, thanks sky sports! Tony 

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well done! Have you started using both legs to go upstairs yet?
    • Posted

No, I feel unstable because I can feel the joint so I use my crutch. Are you?
    • Posted

I suddenly found last week that I could use two legs up and down stairs - It feels so good, almost running up the stairs.  It was all down to my physio's exercises (one-legged squats and dips), they suddenly gave me extra muscle tone to be able to do it.

Best 

Graham

• Posted

2 weeks ago today was mine, first week was hell 2nd week wow what a difference, can now dress myself, make tea if someone gets milk and carries it. Walking around outside, been to physio and stiches nearly gone.so bring on week e
  • Posted

hi tony, 

sounds great !!!  walking with one crutch for 25 minutes at week 3 , wow ...

not to want to rain on your parade here, but ..... week 3-5 are notorious for overdoing things - having done this twice now redface - you feel so good and ready and then ... oops .. soreness, discomfort, even pain - 

thank you for sharing !

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.