30yr old male Uti symptoms 6 months with no diagnosis after extensive tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi im hoping to reach out to anybody who experienced my symtoms and found no answer. im a 30 year old male who enjoys the gym, low body fat and a healthy bmi. 6 months ago I experienced burning above my penis inside my pubic bone, constant urination and when i go i wee small amounts and takss 10 seconds to come out. I had numerous urine tests after doctors appointments and my urine is clear, I had a cystoscopy which was clear apart from a slightly enlarged prostate. I have been sent off for an ultrasound on my kidneys but I have already had this done for another reason a month ago which came back clear. the urininolgist has stated its an overactive bladder as I wee small amounts with strong urgency.

i have noticed when I walk or lift heavy I need to wee answer it burns more

when i sit if I don't lean back it puts pressure down there and burns, when I wee the pain goes until I next need a wee

it started when I was pushing my wee out harder even though I didn't really need too...now I can't go gym as it makes symtoms worse. I wake in the morning and it's fine I don't wee in the night. coffee does make it worse..any help ideas.

?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

You seem to be having all the right tests and observations. My feeling is that your prostate may be more to blame for your problems than you think. Possibly more enlarged than has been thought or possibly prostatitis. There are medications that can help to relieve this so do talk to your doctor or urologist about it. Maybe a trial of medication would help with a diagnosis.

• Posted

my ultrasound came back clear and I have been discharged. my prostate has came back an average size in the ultrasound too. I'm forever grateful of this and just want to know if anybody with any musclar/pelvic disorders can relate my next step will be psysiotherapy as the discomfort comes when I left heavy or sit in the pubic area

• Posted

hi - have you had cultures from expressed prostatic fluid or semen?

This is important. More often than not in Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis urine cultures are clear, but urine cultures after urologist presses down on the prostate will yield the bug in culture. for me nothing in urine but high levels of E. coli in prostatic fluid and semen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.