3rd week on Pregabilin...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone dizzy constantly on Pregabilin? Will it go? Feels like it has just heightened my anxiety!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sonniej.

Pregabalin will heighten your anxiety and it does make you dizzy. In fact, it will do a lot more than that the longer you are on it.

You could lose muscle mass, have hair loss, teeth aches, loose teeth, loose teeth, have joint and muscle aches and pains and have trouble with your eyesight. There are many more problems with this med, and although it is good for some things, the bad things it does to your body, the irreversible problems it causes, far outweight the good.

But that's my opinion through experience of using it.

I with you the best.

• Posted

Sorry...that was supposed to say you could have loose teeth and also lose teeth.
  • Posted

Hi

?Yes it will go, takes about 6-8 weeks for initial side effects to lessen.  It's unusual for Pregabalin to be given just for anxiety - have you   been given, say, Amitriptyline to try first?

?I think there is a problem with this site at the moment, it is taking ages to get anything typed in so you are not being ignored just a problem beyond my control. will reply further when things settle down. Meanwhile, give it another 3 weeks and see how you feel then. Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Quite a few doctors prescribe pregabalin for anxiety, although i don't know why as it promotes heightened anxiety in most people.

• Posted

Because Pregabalin is expensive most GP's try, Amitriptyline then Gabapenten before trying  Pregablin. I have 2 GP's in my family and they and their colleagues assure me this is usual. This is why I asked if another med had been tried first. I understand your stance on this  drug because of your own personal experience, but to patients like me who literally have no choice but to take this  drug  it   is disheartening to read your posts calling it EVIL etc. Please remember that not all patients have your experience of this and if it is so very Evil why has it not been withdrawn from the drug market. I would be campaigning to get it withdrawn if I had your experience of it, finding others who are like-minded to join you. This is not a criticism, just my exasperation at having to take a drug that does not list the side effects that you bring up on this forum. Perhaps I am wrong and you are right - I am always open to changing my mind. 

• Posted

Elizabeth.

Pregabalin is freely prescribed in Australia. Nothing is tried beforehand, although the doctors do try to get you to take anti-depressants after symptoms of pregabalin begin to show.

No, i do not hide my feelings or knowledge of this medication as this is a very toxic drug, however, i have said that it has some good qualities that work for some people.

I voice my opinion regarding this medication so others who are thinking of taking it or are being prescribed it, look into it and research it thoroughly and perhaps seek an alternative to it before they are in the same regretful boat as so many others out there.

I do not, nor have i, told anyone not to take it. I merely try to point out there are better alternatives.

Having doctors in your family, you should then be aware that not all side effects of any drug are listed, especially the more horrific ones. You would should also be aware then, that pregabalin was not FDA approved for the compound that it hit the markets in, and you would also be aware of the numerous complaints and lawsuits that accompany this medication.

I do as much campaigning as i can to have this drug removed, and there are many others like me who have had a variety of problems with it; worse than i suffer through, and years after removing it from our regime.

I have met and spoken with people who are awaiting the court cases, of which there are many, to have this drug looked into and hopefully removed after their experiences are heard and brought to light.

As i said, it does work for some people, but that being said, the irreversible damage it does to other parts of the body without you even realising is horrendous.

You should do some research into it and find out exactly what this drug is capable of.

• Posted

Hi

It clearly states in the documentation that accompany the drug that any side affects not listed should be reported, if not to the drug company then to the FDA in the US or NICE in the UK.

As someone who suffers from extreme pain caused by MS there are very few drugs that are effective in dealing with it. I take Gabapentin along with other drugs such as Duloxitin but when I reach the maximum dose I have to to take Pregabalin until that is no longer effective and then switch back again.

I dont know for what reason you were prescribed Pregabalin or the problems you had associated with it but you are out of order just to tell someone what clearly seems to be unproven side affects. Everyone is different and will surely have different side affects but if the problem is as severe as you state you only have to go back to your GP to get offered something else. There are millions of people taking it without the damage you are indicating, I have been on and off it as previously stated for over 15 years without such problems. Please be careful what you say to others when you clearly dont have all the facts in regard to other peoples problems

• Posted

Thank you Steven or your post. I felt very put down by the reply to my comments  even though I clearly stated that I was not being critical, just putting another viewpoint. I am aware of the claims in the USA but this is a different situation to the UK where I  believe we have NICE approval for Pregablin (feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

?I would also add that I have some of the side effects mentioned but all became apparent long before I was given this drug. Joint pain due to osteo and imflammatory arthritis (diagnosed 16 years ago, loose teeth due to Alendric Acid taken for severe Osteoporosis, forgetting descriptive words but I am in my late 60's, loss of muscle mass owing to 2 years of being unable to walk or take physical exercise etc. Most of us taking Pregab are on other meds as well - who knows which causes what and even if the mix is to blame for those experiencing the problems mentioned in Alwaysalone posts.

?Put simply; before Pregabalin I could not walk, sit or lie without indescribable pain - after I am able to do all these pain-free. When my lower 3 verabra crumbled it took all the associated sciatic nerves with and trapped them unmercifully. I do not know what the future holds for me but today I am grateful to live independently without pain.

?I wish you well Steven - MS is the evil condition, not the meds you have to take for pain relief.

• Posted

Steven.

I mean to offend no-one, and i KEEP saying it does work for some people, but it does have problems...irreversible ones, whether you believe them to be proven or not.

I understand pain and after medical disasters, i now also research what is prescribed to me.

Pregabalin is far from perfect, and for the millions taking it without prominent problems, i'm glad it helps them, but for these millions there are millions who do have prominent problems.

And i am careful with what i say because these days nothing csn be said without some kind of retribution or it implying someting.

I wish you well.

• Posted

Elizabeth.

I don't understand or know how you felt "put down" by my post as it was in no way meant in the way you obviously took it

I was in no way critical of you, only of pregabalin.

It seems you are allowed a viewpoint but i am not, and my experience, as well as those of others like me, is just as valid as yours.

And as i KEEP saying, it does work for many but for many it doesn't.

I know different countries have different situations, and Australia is one of those countries (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong).

Also, "mixes" aren't always to blame for problems; i was only on pragabalin when i experienced the problems i had; and are still having to some points.

I also wish you well.

• Posted

I know you did not mean to offend anyone and I dont think you have actually. All the others and myself merely replied to how we see how you have written the problem out and how we would have dealt with it. These sites are not about putting people down but to share experiences and give advice if asked.

None of us would be on here if we did not have problems and different views from others but want to share

Sorry if I or any others seem to have caused you any offence

• Posted

Steven.

Thank you for that but you should not have to apologise or explain for others.

All i wrote was: "Quite a few doctors prescribe pregabalin for anxiety, although i don't know why as it promotes heightened anxiety in most people". All of which is very true, and i was hammered by some woman going on about me supposedly calling it evil; someone who should know more about the drug if there are two gp's in her family.

I don't come here to argue. I come here to offer my opinion and help if people want it. If people like elizabeth condemn others for an opinion or for a common fact, then what is the point of the forum?...fight club?

How can i not take offence when one opinion is apparently better than the next?, and mine was not an opinion anyway; it was a statement of simple fact.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.