4/5 day headache/migraine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hope someone is able to help me!

For the past 4 days or so I've been suffering with a bad headache. It goes from pressure to actual pain and hasn't let up at all over the past few days. Some of the symptoms I'm currently suffering include

- Pressure which moves from the back to the side to the front of the head.

- Headache/pain consent

- Feeling nauseous

- Slight feeling of weakness in my left side

- Hearing slightly off

- Weird popping in the back and front of my head at random times which then makes me panic

- Slight dizziness

I'm able to eat and drink fine. Light doesn't seem to effect me and I can walk around normally.

I've taken asprin and sinus/pain relief but nothing seems to work. I went to a walk in doctor yesterday who didn't seem too concerned. She did some tests including eyes, reaction tests and blood pressure and said everything acutely seemed fine. She said to keep an eye on it and if it continues go to my GP after 4/5 days.

Anyone else suffering with this? I've had headaches before but this one has been going on for 4 days now.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there yes ive had the same last week was terrible but i think a lot of it is anxiety and stress when the bad heads come you worry and think bad things it could be and then it gets worse been there done it love had the neck and all your syptoms relax if you can and im sure you will be fine i also have the numb feeling its in my right side the same side my neck hurt think its a nerve try to stop woorying and im sue you will be ok ( i went to the opticians they can tell most things with an eye test it put my mind at ease hope all this helps chin up !!
  • Posted

I have had a headache that has lasted for almost 5 days. It goes from a dull headache to one where I can only lay down and moves from the forehead to the middle. The doctor said it is a migraine and I am being put onto daily tablets to prevent them. In the meantime I have been using Co-Codomol which has helped. I get them on average once a month and they last between 2 -5 days. Go back to your doctor and ask them to help as with management you can improve them. Good luck
  • Posted

I am not going to be much help as i don't know what to do about my headache. I have had it for 5 days now I take anadin extra every 4 hours 4 times a day and it just won't shift, sometimes it has gone in the morning only to come back again a few hours later. I just can't think straight, I get in a muddle, I feel sick and week, i am just hoping it will get better soon otherwise I think i might have to go to the doctors (I hate going)
  • Posted

Hi harveyshammera. Was you given any medication? Ive had headache now for nearly 5 day and im really not coping

I cant consentrate im numb down my left side andnim extramally dissy writing this and ive forfrtting ive al so light headines

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.