4 days in

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello everyone. first let me say how helpful this forum has been. thank you to everyone who has shared their experience. i have been on citalopram for 4 days now and have found this medication to be unbearable. i cannot sleep, cannot eat, i am feeling too restless to workout, i feel detached and "out of it" when having conversations. i have had anxiety on an off for a few years now and decided i would try medication but never really felt as though i needed it, just thought why not try it? i am looking to come off this medication now and wonder if i should taper off even though ive only been taking it for 4 days? i would like to quit cold turkey but any insight is appreciated. also, for anyone out there who feels this medication could eventually help them, dont let my experience discourage you! everyones experience is different and seems to work great for a lot of people.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i am in the same boat exactly 4 days ,it gave me panic attacks ,and i still cant sleep properly, i geel kinda empty ,somepoints in the day i feel ok ,but it could just be my anxiousness,i noticed i cant sleep due to a kinda anger feeling and fast heart beat , did you get sny help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.