4 Pneumothorax in 3 year span! What is really wrong!?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! I am a 21 year old male, 6’2” and skinny. I fit the mold for a spontaneous pneumo. Used to be in great shape and was a high school athlete. Late my senior year I had a SP on my left lung and ended up having talcum powder pleurodesis inserted through the chest tube to heal the pnuemothorax. It ended up failing and I had a VATS procedure done 2 weeks later that has still held to this day 3 years later. 2 months ago my right lung collapsed out of nowhere. I had VATS done to repair and heal the collapsed lung and it held perfectly fine until yesterday when I had an X-ray done that showed the top part and side of my right lung partially collapsed. My doctor wants to perform another surgery this time using vats and chemical pleurodesis to hopefully fix the issue. I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this. Has anyone else had this issue? Could there possibly be an underlying disease the doctors are missing or does anyone have first hand experience with this? I’d love for these issues to be resolved but I am afraid I may go the rest of my life dealing with sporadic pneumothorax.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.