4 weeks after cyst removal, new one already!

Posted , 4 users are following.

In April this year (2016) I noticed the first little lump on the left of the opening to my vagina, and went to the GP. It turned out to be a Bartholins cyst, that we first tried to get rid of with antibiotics, which didn't make any difference - it actually grew during the two week course. After a long wait I was referred to gynae in July, and finally had my operation on the 11th of October, so 4 weeks ago.

During the healing period I have not been completely free of a residual lump down there, and went to my GP two days ago to check if it was normal - she has booked me in with another GP next week for a second opinion. But here's the thing.. in the two days it's been since I saw her, the lump/cyst have started growing again........

I haven't had intercourse with my boyfriend after the op, but I have become quite sexually aroused on several occasions (high sex drive, hot boyfriend). Does anyone know if that could've affected the healing process? I haven't had any issues at all with natural lubrication, depsite the cyst growing to the size of a golf ball at the point of surgery.

After reading some of the stories on here I'm afraid that I've started my own hellish roller coaster of constant cysts! My boyfriend is extremely understanding, but I feel so physically and mentally drained already after the first op and healing process, I'm so worried about how I'm going to cope if I need to go in for another op.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I thought I had just the cyst removed, at my 3 wk check up I found out he removed the whole gland lol! He said because cyst removal only will likely return and a total removal of the bartholian gland eliminates the cyst reoccurrence. I was aroused like 2 days after the procedure! I didn't try anything, but the excitement of it all surely put me in some pain. I tried intercourse 4 wks post op. It felt ok. But I think I was more paranoid about injuries so my mind wasn't fully there l, which you know will affect what goes on down below lol! My healing spot feels a little rigid to me, but my doctor says I'm healing well and I've got a little more healing to do. If I were you I'd go back to my gynecologist and get another exam.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! I am scheduled in with a GP next week that has a bit more experience on the gynae side of things, but I've got a feeling I'll get referred to gynae at the hospital again from her as the lump/cyst is already visible again. I will definitely ask about having the while gland removed because I really don't want to have to worry about cysts reoccurring. I'd rather have to add a bit lube to my sexy times if that will be the case!

• Posted

I doubt that affected your healing - I managed to avoid that due to having recently broken up with my bf and yet mine has also come back. I gather sometimes they just don't make the incision big enough and it heals too well. I'm going to have it done again in a few months...hopefully second time is a charm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.