4 weeks on venlafaxine

Posted , 2 users are following.

i started citalopram 3 yrs ago due to anxiety 6 weeks ago my crippling anxiety came back so was moved onto venlafaxine slowly my anxiety is subsiding but im so unmotivated nothing interests me am i asking too much too soon or does this get better in time

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Greetings, It's not a quick fix. Took about 8 weeks to work for my depression. As for anxiety I think it takes a little longer. I've just increased from 150 to 225. Still trying to reduce anxiety. It does seem to reduce your motivation, as part of attacking depression, I suppose that's the trade off for not feeling extremely depressed. I was on Cit for years too, and similarly, after a two year cessation due to feeling well and being on a tiny dose I came off. Anxiety returned and when I went back on, it pooped out. Keep going as it's early days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.