5 Weeks - Post Appendix pain (Left side)

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All, 

I had my appendix removed on the 2nd May 2018 via Keyhole surgery, I was discharged on the 3rd after eating, going to the toilet and being able to walk around. While I initially felt my recovery was going well, but now going into my 6th week I am experiencing pain in my left side around the first incision hole and the pain shoots around the front of my belly this has been the case for the past 2-3 weeks.

I can only describe this pain as something inside being torn or stretched, this happens when I move, such as turning or sitting down for getting up. also discomfort is felt when walking or going upstairs (putting weight on left leg). 

I don't know if I've damaged myself during recovery with maybe lifting something too heavy or lifting myself out the bath.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what it might be? 

Thanks Rob.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.