50mg sertraline week 18 still anxious sceptical about upping dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all hope someone could give me some insight to this I have been on 50mg sertraline roughly 18 weeks I'm still getting anxious I learn to control myself I just feel like il never be myself again. Slightest bit of stress starts it off. My current affects are racing heartbeat tremors and blurred vision occasional ringing ear.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Kieran,

50mg is quite a small dose (it's the equivlent to half a basic starting dose on other SSRI's) so it could be that 50mg just isn't being effective enough for you.

18 weeks is quite a while on just 50mg, so If I was in your position, I'd consult with your doctor/Psychiatrist about upping your dose to a higher dosage and see how you feel. You should be feeling some sort of effect at this stage having been on it over 4 months, which makes me think the dosage is too low.

Consult with your doctor regardless to get some professional advice smile

• Posted

Hi Kieran

I was on 50mg for 6 weeks and was still getting a little anxious, however I did start to feel better. My dr put it up to 100mg and I feel heaps better. 18wks is awhile...are you do any other techinques.to help you. Renee

• Posted

Thanks for your replies guys I have consulted with doctor before and he said go to 100mg obviously side affects were herrendos on 50mg n where I cope I'm worried it would set me back going up to 100mg I also train at gym that helps a lot but I get so tired as it is on 50mg not sure how I'd cope on 100mg thanks for your advice I think I will give 100mg a try.

• Posted

You're welcome Kieran! I know how hard it can be to manage all of this.

Typically, when you've been on a dose like 50mg for a while, when you updose the side effects are less effective on you as your body has got a bit more used to taking the medication into your system.

The less you rush into each updose, typically you have a lessened effect on your body as it's got time to acclimatize more into your system.

• Posted

Kieran

Thats good to hear, I have been on 100mg for 5 days the only side effect is tired but that should pass. No other side effects...hang in there. Renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.