5cm Fibroid

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I have been informed I have a 5 cm fibroid, which is causing me a couple of issues. Lower stomach feels heavy, not painful more discomfort.

The main problem is after orgasm I have severe stomach pain and bleeding.

I saw a consultant yesterday and due to my age, 49, she said I have two options pain management or a hysterectomy.

She is doing a couple of tests to re-check everything, but I am really unsure what to do. I am in peri-menopause so I assume I will go into full meno if I do have a total hysterectomy. I am not sure how far into this journey I am and feel a little worried that things could get worse.

I don't know whether to just put up with it and see how things go or to have the operation.

Anyone's feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.