6 months post op Total Hip Replacement

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi i had my right hip replaced just under 6 months ago and it is worse now than before the operation. i have to stand for about 30 seconds after getting up from chair before i can walk and i can only walk for about 200 metres before i give up due to the pain in my groin. My consultant says all is fine with the xrays and some people take longer to heal. I am 63 years old weigh slightly more than I should but have lost a stone on a mediteranian diet. i really am at the end of my tether as I need my left hip replaced once I'm fully recovered. Does any one have any suggestions as to what I can do to help myself. I.E private physio or aqua yoga or any one had same problem thank you

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.