6 week check up

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have great news as I stated early in a post my doc said I would need a mua. I proved him wrong..I don't.

yeah for me.

I'm still taking pain meds and I'm OK with that

I'm so tired from not sleeping that I've been down for 3 days no energy nothing so he prescribed Ambient anyone else take this? I'm kinda scared but I want to sleep

so tired can't do exercises or go to pt..I really thought 6 week mark would be life changing and he won't let me return to work for 6 months

Uggg thanks friends

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good news. No need of being put through that unless its the last possible way. Glad to hear you are improving. Lack of sleep is one of the universal problems and can last for soe time. Thats why its important to rest whenever you have a chance. Tou are still at the point that an afternoon nap isnt going to mess up your ability to sleep at night
  • Posted

Tanker, I took Ambien for years. I did some strange things while taking them. They are not good and they are very addictive. I finally got off of them, and it took a while, but my gp put me on Restoril and it's pretty good. It takes a little longer to go to sleep but I eventually do and don't feel yucky in the morning. I was sick and didn't go to pt either because I was SO weak. Had no appetite either. Felt like I was dying. Since I got some sleep and have been drinking lots of water and eating well, I feel so much better and can make it through pt. Hope this helps you some.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info all I want is one good nite sleep I have heard from others ambien does weird stuff I'm having my son lol babysit me tonight just in case..don't like it but can't continue on lifeless and here in southern California it's 100 degrees that surely doesn't help matters Thank sweetie for your response

• Posted

I think the 6 week mark is the worst.... you are neither pain free, able to sleep, exercises don't appear to be doing anything that you see a great improvement...but you are getting there.  I asked for sleeping help when I was 14 weeks as absolutely tired out, only had 14 tabs but when I stopped taking them I had nightmares for a couple of nights as well as not being able to sleep!  withdrawl symptons, so be careful.
  • Posted

The 6w box can be a tough one to tick as you will see on this forum some of us manage sleep very well (hate them) and some of us still struggle after any months.

It's an amazing thing but one morning you'll wake up after a good nights sleep without realising you fall asleep in the first place. It's like when you lift your leg up without thinking after many days of looking at it and willing it to lift.

Try to exercise as much as you can and ice rest sleep and drink plenty of water and don't forget the painkillers.

I am now 6 months sleeping well apart from loo breaks and picking the pillow up from the floor and putting it back between my knees !

There is light at the end if this difficult tunnel but the tunnel may be a long one

Keep smiling and you are great

• Posted

no i have not tried those meds but my doctor did prescribe sleeping tablets for awhile to regulate my body clock because he reconed my body had forgotten how to sleep and the more tired i got the more i couldnt sleep it was a life saver he put me on them for 3wks first and told me to make sure i took them and after 3wks of better sleep i cut back on them by halfing them and i was able to get some sleep myself   you need sleep to help you recover tiredness is part of this journey so dont worry if  your tired alot its just your body telling you to take it easy good luck with the recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.