6 weeks Citalopram 10 mg and feeling stuck

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've Been on Citalopram 10 mg for 6 weeks. And I'm

Still having side effects such as feeling sluggish and Groggy headed brain fog. And I can't really comcentrate. But I'm also still having anxiety to the point where I think I need an increase but don't feel like dealing with more side effects. I do have some good moments without anxiety but never a full day of me not thinking about it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good morning Daisy. Perhaps a change of pace will help you. Going for a walk or just exercising like going for a walk would help. Cant advise you on an increase but you will have more side effects if you do. I would give it a few more weeks though. This stuff takes awhile to work!!!!'
  • Posted

By asking your doctor about increasing the dose,although increase would also be tough to deal with but within the passage of time it'll be fine

I am 29 years old have a daughter and I am on 10mg twice a day

• Posted

I'm 27 years old with a 1 year old and a 9 year old. I take 10 mg at 9:30 pm every night.
    • Posted

Mostly doctors recommend morning dose

I can understand how you feel,having anxiety and panic attacks, how they ruin our lives

While you have 1 year old

• Posted

Daisy my good friend I am following your post coz we both are in the same condition so hopefully.....
  • Posted

I'm back to square one tonight sad feeling exactly how I was feeling before I started taking the medication. Bad anxiety with a lot of worrying all day which brought me way down tonight. This feeling is horrible. Will I ever get better ?? I don't want to feel this foggy headed feeling anymore. Maybe I need to change my lifestyle and my thinking instead being home worrying all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.