6 weeks in and worse?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am six weeks in and one week at 20 mg but I feel so much worse. My anxiety is tripled. Did anyone else go through this did you start feeling any benefits?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

U will feel better Walt but it does take time. Just try and stay positive and tell urself that it will get better. Maybe try and go for a walk to get ur mind off negative feeling!!! But you will get better
  • Posted

Hello ive been at 30mg for 5 years now went out new year had way to much to drink and bang week or so later my anxiety and depresskn came back went to doctor put my meds up by 10mg so on 40mg now day 4 in and im worse then ever depression worse and anxeity is sky high o feel awful. Doctor said it will take up to 1-2 weeks before the meds level your brain out again as your increasing so except side effects again and try to stick with it. Once the meds start to level you out agakn u will be back to normal just takes time for the meds to get started again . I have a really tight band around my head to do u have this? Its torture waiting for them to kick bk in again. Im never ever drinking again once i feel my self again. Sorry its long. Hope this helps though x
  • Posted

hi walter hpe your are feeling a bit better today, what your feeling sounds all normal side effects, and will ease soon do you have any time when you feel it has eased at all? this site is great for advice and so are the people on it if you go onto the thread, anyone NOT had any side effects on citalopram, also i found a good site if you type in safari "citalopram survival guide" and click on the nomorepanic one its go some great info,

hang in there x

• Posted

Today is day number eight on 20 mg and it has not helped at all. I know it's still early days but I just feel so strange and weird and unlike myself. It's all I can focus on and I'm trying everything to break that cycle but it's just such an odd experience

• Posted

I mean, it's annoying seeing people say "Just stick with it". at this point, you should be seeing some effects.. seriously...>.< that's negligent and stupid and dangerous advice..

• Posted

Hi Walter, just reading the last message and thought you may be worried that the Citaolpram is not working for you.  I'm not a medic but have read many say that 20 mg is the therapeutic dose.  Everytime you increase your dose you get side-effects for 1 - 2 weeks, but they say not as bad as when you first start taking them.  They may not be the right meds for you but maybe give the 20 mg an opportunity to work.  I started on 20 mg and after 2 - 3 weeks started to feel the benefits.

Good luck & hope you feel some improvement soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.