7 days out from anterior repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Got such a heavy feeling down there today and fresh blood? Have a had a few visitors today but I haven't done anything strenuous , had my grandson here and went and sat in the garden with him ( he's 3) . Could understand it of I've done more than other days but I haven't? Is this part of the healing ? Hope you lovely ladies are all well x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah I had that feeling for 3-4 weeks one day it was worse than another and I'm on week 5 and still getting brown blood, the fresh red bleeding I got for 3 weeks, doc said it's normal up to 6 weeks but will get less and to keep in mind if you have periods they may come early or even late xx
  • Posted

The heavy feeling is normal and I would expect that, it will last for some time as well. Don't worry about the bleeding as long as it isn't heavy or it smells offensive because every wound bleeds but most of what you see is blood and mainly serous fluid. It has to leave the body and this is the way. xxx
  • Posted

I wouldn't worry too much, it's still early days. Try and rest as much as possible, it's very tempting to do more but let others help out if they offer. Good luck.
  • Posted

Thankyou all , I'm strictly doing nothing , sat and ironed little ones school set of clothes last night ( hubby got ironing board out etc) have done nothing else really apart from walk around saying am bored lol , I don't rest easily but know I really need to as this is my only chance with this one x
    • Posted

sarah how heavy is your iron? If it weighs more than a kettle with a cup full of water then it's too heavy. Standing for a short time isn't ideal either xx
    • Posted

Oh dear , iron isn't too heavy but I would say it weighs more than a kettle with a cup of water in it ... Won't be doing that again x
    • Posted

Sorry don't mean to be picky but didn't want you doing too much. That's as heavy as you can lift for another week then you can very gradually start to lift more but still nothing too heavy at all. It just gives your stitches time to embed. Feet up as well and don't stand for long so if you want to help you can always peel veg but sat down xx
    • Posted

No I don't think you were being picky at all matron , I value your comments and help that you give us all , I would be lost without this forum right now ! Looks like mummy has got some ironing to do at the weekend lol , hubby has been a god send but ironing is not one of his skills 😂 X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.