7 week post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today I went back to see my surgeon and he has given me the all clear to carry on my life again biggrin so very happy - taken nearly 2 years to get the op but I am there now.  However I asked the question about having a bath and he said personnaly he would not advise this ever again - has anyone else been given this advise ? I feel great and getting back to doing stuff albeit slowly that I used to do. Thank you to all that have replied to my early days on this forum - its a great support to us all 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Good news Sandra, I have not heard of not having a bath did he say did he say why? Interested to find out.

thanks. Lorna 

• Posted

I'm 5 1/2 months after my op. I now get into a sports car and I ride my sport motorbikes. I just carry on with my life. A bath will be no problem if you have some handles to help you in and out. Take care now.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply and yes I do have handles on the bath biggrin
  • Posted

I wonder what his reasoning is? I would wait a bit longer than 7 weeks for a bath, but never? When you are feeling really strong and recovered in a couple of months, it shouldn't be any problem to get in and out of a tub, especially if you have handles to grab onto, like redduke said. 
  • Posted

No bath - that sounds excessive.  Surely we have this operation to try to return us to some semblance of normality again.

Sure you will need to be careful for 6 to 12 months, but never again sounds a restriction too far.

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.