7 week post TAH & BSO

Posted , 3 users are following.

wow

im 7 weeks post TAH & BSO, they say total recovery is 6/8 weeks but wow im still so sore, so swollen, hurt all over, & full blown menopause, been to see a dr as i have an infected scar & blocked bowel.

she told me im doing too much about the house im having to slow down now for a total 12 weeks , im so glad i went to the drs as i was discharged from hospital after 1 1/2 days with no information on what to do / not to do , how i should be feeling anything ,

i thought by 6 weeks i should be doing things like washing , making tea but my dr says NO ,12 weeks minimum before lifting anything,

is anyone else struggling ??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie.

I'm only 11 days post op, but I'm really struggling as well 😪 . You're not alone xx

• Posted

Hey debbie

I'm 8days post op TAH and BSO like you. I have the most awful pressure through my midsection, feel like someone has placed a5ltr bottle of water in my stomach. hurts to move around, and I look 9 months pregnant! I did have an infection though and spent 6 days in hospital. I had endometriosis also that spread behind the womb to the outer bowel area. The bleeding there caused a clotting and infection. Did you experience any of this heaviness and pressure? Hope we all get through this soon xx

• Posted

Hi

I know this question was for Debbie and I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I had the same operation as you 14 days ago and I too have the heaviness and pressure around my midsection, I think it must be a fairly normal thing. I'm trying to move about as much as I comfortably can but it's hard as I can't really straighten up properly because of how tight and swollen my abdomen is. I really hope you start feeling better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.