7 Weeks & Now the Knee

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone!!! Well I'm 7 weeks. Hip feels great. Pt down to 2 times per week. Prior to surgery, I was in such bad shape that my right knee had to bend to compensate for my hip damage. Now the right knee is very painful and bent. Still using cane but walking bet straight....got my height back! Any one experience other joint problems?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Iv got OA in both my knees as when i used to walk my bine scrapped sideways and wore away all my cartlidge. Being 29 its scary to think iv just had a hip replacement anf potentially at some point will need knees doing to. But i will wait as long as possible for that.

Have you just started having knee issues after your surgery?

• Posted

Yes l have had both my hips replaced since december started getting pains in my knee have been and got xrays on thurday so am waiting on results coming this week. I am hoping l have not got OA in my knees.

And sarah who replied first is 20 not 29 unless she aged overnight. She is my friend.

Xx

• Posted

😐Thanks Laura? .I really thought I missed something
  • Posted

hi lizard,

what does your PT say about your knee?

I had a similar experience. ..my knee was hurting so badly pre op ..PT taped it but it didn't help...

post-op, trying to walk properly, keep my balance, my knees hurt a lot ..

those poor muscles were compensating pre-and post-op as well as carrying extra weight 😔

it sounds like you are doing great. ..

maybe your PT can show you some knee strengthening exercises. .

big warm hug

Renee ❤

• Posted

Thanks for the responses! Yes, pt is trying to help the knee. I have exercises I do daily. I go back to the doc for 8 week hip checkup and tgey will take knee X-rays then! Hip is great though!! ☺️☺️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.