7 weeks post op

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello. I am so happy to have found this group!

I had bilateral endoscopic carpal tunnel release surgery 7 weeks ago. I had many friends question my having them both done at once, and let me tell you, it has NOT been a picnic! My surgeon, also is a man of very few words - both before and after the surgery - and he also does NOT recommend Physical Therapy or the wearing of a wrist brace at all.

Now, here I am at nearly 7 weeks post op, and I am having some really wicked nerve pain shooting up and down my arms and in my palms. I thought I was doing pretty good for the last week or two with just some expected weakness, but now I have all of this increased pain. At least my numbness is gone, but I would rather have that back instead of all of this nerve pain I'm having now. I know my surgeon's assistant (at my upcoming follow up appointment), will just look at my incisions, which have healed quite nicely, and zip out of the room without answering any of my questions after the usual 5 minute time period has elapsed - even though it's a 4 hour round trip! I'm even considering cancelling and not wasting my time and my gas because I know how my one week follow up went!

I do not want to cover up the pain with pills, I have tried ice and heat and I have been doing finger and hand stretches, etc. It's also very painful to drive, and I thought by this stage that I could at least make some short drives.

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems after CTR surgery and do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your advice.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.