8 days off codeine

Posted , 2 users are following.

and even though the physical symptoms have eased i cant get my head not round having those tabs in my life. im thinking about them constantly!!! i drive past a chemist and its so hard not to park up and buy some NUROFEN +!!! when will it ever end???!!????

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please stick with it; it will get better and sooner than you think. It's not easy but what you're going through now is saving yourself a whole load of grief, pain and misery (not to mention money) in the future. You'll find that there will soon come the odd hour when you don't think about codeine, then several hours and in a few weeks time there'll be an evening when you suddenly realize that you haven't thought about it all day and so on. As you well know, it's no fun, no way to live a life being a slave to a drug. Be strong. Be determined. Be proud of yourself for every minute, every hour and every day you stay off this awful drug.

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply! let myself down again this weekend . over 2 days i took 8 nurofen plus. I know its not much but i could kick myself!

• Posted

Many years ago I was learning to ride a horse cross-country. Trying a fairly high fence, I fell off. The instructor who was riding along side me, a down-to-earth lady, looked at me lying winded on the ground and said "Are you just going to lie there or are you going to catch your horse and get back on?" I dusted myself off, caught my horse and got back on. Then I went and attacked the fence again, and I cleared it. If I hadn't tried again I would have lost my bottle for good maybe. Don't give up, succeed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.