8 weeks cold turkey cipramil

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have quit cipramil 20th cold turkey eight weeks ago . I went through brain zaps , headaches etc and cans through them feeling empowerd and stronger. Yet why on 8th week do I feel numb , had been on cipramil for depression / anxiety .After having 2 babies close together felt post natal depression anxiety more so. I feel like just going back to go yet feel dis heartened and feel that my partner deserves better .anyone similar advice please and thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

is it just today or more? Could be the last bit of meds holding on or your body trying to find the meds? It's not abnormal for a person without an anxiety disorder to be anxious or depressed every now and again it's actually quite normal it's only when the process hangs on for a while that it's a problem, maybe you were so convinced you would feel way better by now and you haven't yet and that set u up for a let down causeing this, I'd push through for maybe another week and if still feel no better that may mean you weren't quite ready to come off yet or that your body truly is chemically imbalanced and needs the medication, which is nothing to be ashamed of or feel bad for, people with high blood pressure take meds long term to correct it, same applys in anxiety and depression.

• Posted

I'd be curious to know why you decided to go cold turkey. Did you confer with your doctor? You mention that you feel that your partner deserves better. Were you anxioius to go off your medication because you felt your partner wouldn't support your continuing on your medication, or even go off in a slow, tapered manner? You take care of 2 children. Give yourself some wiggle room, please. Maybe it would be better to speak with your doctor. Maybe have your partner come with you, as well. Best of luck to you. :-)

• Posted

I would definatley consult your doctor, you're still likley to have ups and downs, that is part of life. Keep strong it will pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.